Barone Repair Shop was started on May 1 by Nancy Barone. A summary of May transactions is presented below
Barone Repair Shop was started on May 1 by Nancy Barone. A summary of May transactions is presented below.
1. Invested $10,000 cash to start the repair shop.
2. Purchased equipment for $5,000 cash.
3. Paid $400 cash for May office rent.
4. Paid $500 cash for supplies.
5. Incurred $250 of advertising costs in the Beacon News on account.
6. Received $5,100 in cash from customers for repair service.
7. Withdrew $1,000 cash for personal use.
8. Paid part-time employee salaries $2,000.
9. Paid utility bills $140.
10. Provided repair service on account to customers $750.
11. Collected cash of $120 for services billed in transaction (10).
(a) Prepare a tabular analysis of the transactions, using the following column headings: Cash, Accounts Receivable, Supplies, Equipment, Accounts Payable, N. Barone, Capital; N. Barone, Drawings; Revenues, and Expenses.
(b) From an analysis of the owne equity columns, compute the net income or net loss for May.